How to Set up Chromecast on TV – How to Set up Google Chromecast
Google Chromecast is a device you can plug into any TV or monitor with an HDMI port. And with it, you can stream content from your mobile device or computer into a big screen. If you are using a computer with Google Chrome, you should have an idea of how to set up Google Chromecast.
While you do not need to pay any fee to access Chromecast, you still have to pay for services like Netflix and Hulu to have access to them. If a computer or TV screen has an HDMI port which is available on nearly every TV screen right now, you can turn it into a smart device. And this can connect to all types of apps you have on your device.
Currently, if you want to buy a Google Chromecast, you can get it from google for $35 which is a 3rd generation Chromecast. The Chromecast ultra which lets you stream in 4k resolution costs about $69.99. Using a Chromecast can bring a new perspective o an older TV, giving you access to content on a device.
Wi-Fi for Chromecast?
Google Chromecast is a technology that allows you to cast your favorite entertainment and apps from your phone, laptop, tablet, speakers, or TV. While it is not necessary, you can use your Chromecast device without using Wi-Fi.
You can also cast all of your favorite content to your TV from another device. If your question is, how do I connect Chromecast to Wi-Fi. know that if you cannot connect to Wi-Fi you can still stream to your Chromecast by using the Guest mode on the Google Home app.
How to Set up Chromecast on TV?
It is very easy to set up Google Chromecast on TV. Follow the steps below;
- First, connect the Chromecast to a power source and then plug it into an HDMI port on the TV you intend to use.
- Then switch on your TV and ensure that it is tuned to the proper HDMI channel.
- Proceed to download the Google Home app on your mobile device, and set up the Chromecast as a new device.
- Be sure that Bluetooth is enabled on your mobile device.
- Then, follow the on-screen prompts to set up your Chromecast
And that’s it, your Chromecast is ready for streaming. You will also want to get your mobile device or computer ready to start casting.
How to Set up Google Chromecast on your Phone or Tablet
Lots of people do not know how to set up Google Chromecast on their phone or tablet. Aside from connecting it to the television, you can also do that on your phone or tablet. Follow the steps below on how to;
- First, launch the streaming service of your choice that is, Netflix, Hulu, or YouTube on your device
- Then when the show starts, just tap on the casting icon in the corner of the screen to stream the content to your TV.
- Finally, you may need to select the name of your Chromecast. You can select from a list you will have named during the set-up.
How to Set up Chromecast with a Computer
When making use of a computer, and you don’t know how to set up Google Chromecast. Follow the steps below;
- First, launch Google chrome.
- Then click on the three-dot menu in the upper right corner of your screen.
- In the drop-down menu that appears, click Cast.
- You will then be presented with a list of all the Chromecast devices in the area.
- All you need to do is select your own, and your browser will appear on the Chromecast.
Note that this will allow you to enjoy all your favorite media anywhere you can get a Wi-Fi connection.