How to apply for Visa for Canada. Apply now Canada.ca
A Canadian visa is a stamp on your passport that allows you entry to Canada. This stamp permits you to travel to the country and legally and also be able to stay there temporarily or permanently.
To get a visa to Canada means that the Canadian Embassy or the Consulate or Embassy in your home country has decided that you are eligible and fulfill the requirements needed for entry. But, once you get to the Canadian border and customs, the officers will also need to evaluate and access if you are fit for entry.
Since Canada offers lots of opportunities to immigrants and others alike, it attracts a diverse group of people to apply for Canadian visas. With a visa to Canada, you will be admitted to the country. The visa offered to you also determines the duration of your stay in Canada.
As a foreigner, before you are allowed entry to Canada, you will need to show the visa issued to you at the point of immigration. Canada offers different types of visas like student visas, tourist visas, and also permanent resident visas (PR) for you to have a permanent stay in the country.
READ ALSO: Scholarships for International Students in the United States
Types of Canada Visa
Before applying for a Canadian visa, you need to know which visa you want to apply for. Here are the different types of Canada visas:
- Visitor visas.
- Student visas.
- Work visas.
- Permanent Residence visas.
- Business Immigrant visas.
- Express Entry Program visas.
You have to choose one of the visas that fits what you want and your reason for going to Canada.
READ ALSO: United States Diversity Visa 2023 (DV-2023)
Eligibility Criteria to Travel to Canada
To know how to get a Canadian visa, the government of Canada has made it easy. Different tests have been created, to test and evaluate the eligibility of applicants by asking them to fill an online questionnaire. Based on the type of visa you want, you will have to answer some questions, and the system then lets you know if you are eligible to apply or not.
Also, the system will send you the needed instructions and steps you must take to fulfill all the requirements.
One of the criteria for you to travel to Canada is that you meet up with the requirements provided by immigration. If you are intending to go to Cana da as an immigrant, then you need to meet up some requirements. You can immigrate by applying for a visa directly, or by applying for a visa lottery.
The visa that makes you a permanent resident is called a PR. This PR visa opens you to a world of opportunities. To know if you are eligible for a visa in Canada, check the information below.
- For intended Students.
- If you are planning to come for some tourist activities in the country. There are a lot of tourist attractions places in Canada, and people travel yearly to Canada to visit these places.
- If you are a potential skillful worker that is looking to immigrate.
- You are eligible for a Visa in Canada if you are a citizen of another country, who is trying to escape persecution. Visas are offered to refugees, once their asylum claims are verity for authenticity.
- People come to visit friends and family. If you have someone you want to visit in Canada, you could also be eligible for a visa.
- For medical-related reasons. The Canadian healthcare system is one of the best in the world. Visas can also be issued for people intending to come to Canada for health reasons or to seek medical care.
READ ALSO: How to Get a German Student Visa – Application to Study in Germany
There are still other reasons not listed here, which are valid, and can also make you eligible to get a visa from the government of Canada. These could be business-related reasons, career or others.
Requirements for Canada Visa Application
Here are some of the requirements for a Canadian visa application. You will find some of these requirements listed below:
- Since the Covid pandemic started, a negative Covid-19 test result is now required. Every intended immigrant or foreigner visiting Canada is now required to go through a Covid checking procedure. These procedures could also be isolations or a negative covid test result.
- For international students, you will need to be medically fit. This means you will conduct a medical fitness test to be eligible for a visa.
- International students applying for a visa should also already have their admission letters before applying for a visa. This admission letter means you are a potential student in Canada and will be needing a student visa.
- You will also need to present your bank statement of account. This is done to access your financial capability and to check if you are able to fund either your education. Or as a permanent residence if you are able to sustain yourself and your family for a period of time until you find employment.
READ ALSO: University of Ottawa Entrance Scholarship for African Students 2022-2023
How to apply for Canada Visa
Here is some information to serve as a guide for you, as you apply for a visa to Canada. The visa application process depends mostly on the type of visa you need to apply for. To apply for a visa to Canada, you will have to follow these simple steps:
- Check and know if you are eligible for a Canada visa.
- Create your online account.
- Then compile the document file.
- Pay the required fees.
- Wait for the processing of your Canadian visa.
- Then submit your passport and processing fees.
The processing time for a Canada visa varies. Each application is treated differently as a specific case. The time can take as much as 2-4 weeks or even longer in some cases.
Your Canadian visa starts to process only after the authorities in Canada have received your complete application. If additional documents are required from you, it can make your processing time longer.